Thursday, September 1, 2016

STOP. BREATHE. Enough already!

Welcome to Clarity in a Fogged Up World, an interactive blog to help us navigate confidently through the muddled sea of information that prevents us from seeing things clearly and living life to the fullest!

As you may or may not know, I am a yoga teacher.  I started practicing yoga when I was 16 years old and I was fortunate to transition to an instructor role many years ago.  If you practice yoga, you know that you have to stop and breathe.

If you don't practice yoga -- try this:  STOP.  Now BREATHE.

Do it for a full MINUTE!!  Just STOP what you're doing, and breathe for a minute.
.........

Well?  Imagine doing this for a whole hour while going through beautiful stretch movements.  THAT is yoga.  Like that song, "Free your mind, and the rest will follow," by 90's group En Vogue (and the following line... "be color blind, don't be so shallow" is pretty good too) yoga forces you to take a step back, retreat, and let the mind be free.

Is your mind free?

This blog will is designed to help you (and hence, me) to free your mind to the point where new things will come to you to get you out of any rut that you might find yourself stuck in.  Mind exercises will help us connect, form a community, help each other get through in a positive way.  It will be like a little party in every blog!

There is no road to happiness because happiness is not a destination.  Today may be the last day of your life. Sorry to put it that way, but you know what -- it's true!  Spend every day with happiness in your heart and it won't matter.

Tune in, invite your friends!  Here are the rules (yes, rules!):

1.  Read the entire blog entry before commenting.
2.  Comment and participate early and often!  Discussion and debate are what make life interesting.
3.  Rudeness and profanity will get you kicked out  and I mean it.
4.  Set aside your troubles and welcome to the fun!!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Don't know why it came up as ruthies blog but this is maribeth 😃

      Delete
    2. Because you've got Ruthie on your mind! Part of why I'm doing this is because I miss my kids so much I need something to do that's constructive!

      Delete
  2. You're boundless energy and zest for life aleays amazed me! Looking forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. If we don't keep our minds open, we are prisoners!

      Delete
  3. Love it! I had no idea that you were a yoga instructor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I taught yoga for 12 years at the Y in White Plains. But I taught it like any other exercise class, only with a lot of breathing and relaxation at the end. I realize now I was only half teaching yoga. It's such a wonderful philosophy. I'll have this as the topic of a future blog post (stay tuned!)

      Delete